In order for you to work and stay in Canada for the duration of your work experience, you need to get a Work Permit from the Canadian Embassy in Dublin. This will allow you to work in Canada for periods up to 12 months.
To be eligible:
Applicants must have/be
- aged between 18 and 30 at time of application
- in good health and of good character with no criminal record
- a valid passport
Applicants are assessed, placed & monitored by our partner agency in Canada – IRE Canada. Applicants will be placed with selected Canadian employers who will also be assessed and monitored by those same agencies.
- You will need to complete the application form, write clearly in black pen. This is important for us to get your details correct.
- Read the declaration carefully and make sure you understand fully its content
- Your interview is conducted preferably in person
You will also need to attach:
- A brief but detailed autobiography (1 page) including personal details and background, experience and skills (particularly in your requested placement), likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses, hobbies, what you hope to gain from this program and your hopes and plans for the future. Your current CV.
- 2 references from previous employers or others who know you. It is an advantage if these are from someone connected to the area in which you hope to be placed.
- 4 passport photos, one of which should be attached to page 1 of the application.
- A photocopy of the photo page from your passport.
- A copy of your home country driver’s licence and International Driving Permit.
- Completed next of kin/medical authorisation.
The complete application should give a detailed, positive and honest picture of who you are so we can find you the right host placement in Canada.
Once you send your complete application to Equipeople, we will assess your application and suitability to the program and forward to IRE Canada for acceptance.
The Canadian agency then assesses your application and if eligible, will try to find you a suitable placement.
A host placement sheet will be sent to you once you have been selected by a host. If you accept the placement, you will need to sign this.
Once a placement is confirmed, a work permit application can be completed. We are happy to assist with the application.
At least 3 months should be allowed for work permits to be processed, longer if chest x-rays are required.
Once your visa is approved, flight arrangements can then be made to Canada!
Because working is just one aspect of going to Canada and there are many opportunities to take part in adventure activities and exploring during your time off, we recommend you to take a look at the Canadian tourism website at www.canada.travel