In order for you to work and stay in Canada for the duration of your work experience, you need to have a Work Permit/Visa. This will allow you to work in Canada for periods up to 12 months.
To be eligible:
Applicants must have/be
- aged between 18 and 35 at time of application
- in good health and of good character with no criminal record
- a valid passport
Applicants are assessed, placed and monitored by our partner agency in Canada – IRE Canada. Applicants will be placed with selected Canadian employers who will also be assessed and monitored by those same agencies.
- You will need to complete an Excel application form.
- Read the Conditions and Declaration carefully and make sure you understand fully its content before signing and dating this section.
- Your interview is conducted preferably in person at the Equipeople office.
You will also need to attach:
- A brief but detailed autobiography (1 page) including personal details and background, experience and skills (particularly in your requested placement), likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses, hobbies, what you hope to gain from this program and your hopes and plans for the future.
- Your current CV.
- 2 references (one from an employer and one from a non-relative who has known you for more than 2 years). It is an advantage if these are from someone connected to the area in which you hope to be placed.
- A colour passport photo.
- A colour copy of the photo page from your passport.
- A copy of your home country driver’s licence and International Driving Permit.
- A police certificate (contact your local Garda Station to obtain this).
The complete application should give a detailed, positive and honest picture of who you are so we can find you the right host placement in Canada.
Once you send your complete application to Equipeople, we will review your application and suitability to the program and forward your documents to IRE Canada for acceptance.
IRE Canada then assess your application and if eligible, will try to find you a suitable placement.
A host placement sheet will be sent to you once you have been selected by a host. If you accept the placement, you will need to sign and return this document.
Once a placement is confirmed, a work permit application can be completed. We are happy to assist you with the application which is completed online (IRCC account).
Biometrics Data – this is taken in person at your nearest Visa Application Centre (VAC) – Dublin. You will be notified if this is required when applying for your visa/permit.
At least 3 months should be allowed for work visas/permits to be processed.
Once your visa is approved, flight arrangements can then be made to Canada!
Because working is just one aspect of going to Canada and there are many opportunities to take part in adventure activities and exploring during your time off, we recommend you to take a look at the Canadian tourism website at www.canada.travel