Once the application has been made and a placement found the Visa application is made with the help of Equipeople and then lodged with the Consulate in London for a fee of £125 Sterling.
The visa process takes approximately 8-12 weeks and applicants should note that they will be without their passports for that time.
To be eligible:
To enter New Zealand you must:
- be in good health and of good character
- have a passport that is valid for at least three months past the date you are to leave New Zealand
If you are granted a temporary work visa you need to meet certain conditions during your stay:
- the work you do must be in line with the conditions specified in your visa
- you must keep within New Zealand’s laws
- you must only stay in New Zealand for the time allowed by your visa.
If you break any of these conditions we may require you to leave the country immediately.
- You will need to complete the Application form, write clearly in black pen, this is important for us to get the details correct.
- Read the declaration carefully and make sure you understand it’s full content
- Your interview is to be conducted in person
You will also need to attach:
- A brief but detailed autobiography(1 page) written by yourself which should include details about your experience, personal details and background, family background, special customs and beliefs, hobbies, sporting interests, strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes, plans for the future, and expectations from the program. You will need to send in your curriculum vitae as well.
- 2 references from previous employers or non-relatives that have known you for more than two years. Letters should include information about your work habits, communication and social skills etc. RENZ prefers letters from past employers.
- 4 passport photos. One should be attached to page 1 of the application.
- A photocopy of the photo page from your passport.
- A copy of your home country driver’s licence and International Driving Permit.
- Completed next of kin/medical authorization.
The complete application should give us a detailed, positive and honest picture of who you are so we can find you the right host placement in New Zealand
Once you send your complete application to us, it will be assessed and if suitable forwarded to RENZ.
RENZ then assesses your application and if eligible, they will commence locating a suitable host farm for you.
A host placement sheet will be sent to you once you have been selected by a host. If you accept the placement, you will need to sign this.
Once a placement is confirmed, a visa application can be completed. We are happy to assist with the application.
We need to allow at least 3 months for visas to be processed, longer if chest x-rays are required.
Once your visa is approved, flight arrangements can then be made to New Zealand!
Because working is just one aspect of going to New Zealand and there are many opportunities to take part in adventure activities and exploring during your time off, we recommend you to take a look at www.newzealand.com/travel/UK-Ireland/