Based on the 6,000 hectare Kwantu Game Reserve, this is your chance to take part in a truly African experience whilst making a difference to the local wildlife and environment. Also a five star resort, Kwantu offers great facilities to its guests including The famed African Big 5 out in the wild; a predator educational and rehabilitation centre which houses endangered and orphaned predators such as the rare Bengal tigers, white lions and cheetahs; an Elephant Sanctuary; Reptile Centre; Safari Walks; Touch farm; herb garden which grows organic herbs and luxury accommodation with excellent amenities.
Please note this location is an alcohol free site.
Participate in our:
- 8 week Game Ranger course
- Wildlife and Conservation Volunteer Programme
Contact us directly for all booking details.
Combine volunteering with a 6 night sightseeing tour on South Africa’s beautiful and famous Garden Route, travelling from Port Elisabeth to Cape Town taking in Table Mountain.
Along with a group of other international volunteers, you will be involved in activities such as lion tracking and monitoring, game drives, predator interaction and caring, removal of alien vegetation in and around the reserve, tree planning and landscaping, fauna and flora work in the nursery, wilderness trail walks and patrols, working in the elephant sanctuary, fence patrol, game counts, game captures and school feeding schemes. You will live in shared dorms and benefit from indoor and outdoor coordinators, promising you a comfortable stay. On weekends you will be sent out for excursions for which you will be provided with accommodation and transport to and from your destination.
This volunteer work is not to be underestimated; but it is your opportunity to get involved in the game reserve management working alongside top conservationists and wildlife including Africa’s Big Five species whilst living on the stunning Kwantu Game Reserve.
What you need to know
Though you will get the chance to work with the wildlife and animals living on the game reserve, you must be prepared to work in all areas of the volunteer program. This means on both the land management and animal management plans. The community outreach programme involves volunteers assisting at a local rural farm or local schools by providing food prepared by the reserve’s chefs. If you want to get involved with this, you need to let us know in advance as places are limited and are on a first-come-first-serve basis. You will be required to wear the Kwantu uniform at all times when volunteering and to abide by the rules that will be set out to you upon arrival.
- Scheduled airport transfers from Port Elizabeth
- Full training and orientation upon arrival
- A Kwantu cap
- A Kwantu T-shirt
- Luxury Dorm Accommodation
- All Meals and beverages with meals whilst at Kwantu
- Use of the various facilities such as swimming pool, sporting facilities and entertainment room
- Option Weekend and/or 6 day Excursions (transport and accommodation only)
Possible examples of excursions as below (subject to season and numbers)
- 6 nights along the Garden Route on a Bed and Breakfast basis
- Transport from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town
- Visit to the Red Location Museum in Port Elizabeth
- Surf lesson OR horse ride in Jeffrey’s Bay (weather dependent)
- Entrance to Tsitsikamma National Park
- Boat ride along the Knysna Heads
- Visit to the Oudtshoorn Crocodile Ranch
- Cable cart ride to Table Mountain OR Trip to Cape Point OR Visit to Robben Island (weather dependent)
What’s Not Included?
- Travel and health insurance
- Visa costs
- Local transport and spending money
- Vaccinations if required